Urban Landscapes
Bob Bruhin

January 2, 2013

eraserhood:

Willys-Overland Building, 325 N. Broad St.
Built in 1910 for the Willys-Overland Motor Co., at the time the second largest auto maker in America, this colonial revival building was torn down to make way for the Pennsylvania Ballet’s new $17.5 million dance center. Part of North Broad Street’s “Auto Row” that developed in the 1910s and 1920s, the building had recently been placed on the national historic register as part of the Callowhill National Industrial Historic District. The demolition generated some controversy, not only because the building was on the federal register, but also because the project was funded in part by state and federal money.

(via Lost Buildings Of 2012 | Hidden City Philadelphia)

Categories Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: